Monday, May 18, 2015

Leftover Yogurt

So my wife and I hate wasting food.  I think that's part of the reason why my waistline has been ever-expanding since I've gotten married.  

Just hear me out on this.  When I was single, I only had to justify it to myself to throw out the leftovers for a one-person meal.  Now that I'm married, I feel like (disclaimer - completely self-imposed, not imposed by my much better half) I have to justify tossing out the leftovers of a two-person meal to not only myself but my wife as well.  

Which, needless to say, is harder to justify as the leftovers are larger in size, so we end up with finishing more leftovers (bigger portions) more often (harder to justify to two people versus one).  So yeah, that's my excuse for my expanding waistline and I'm sticking to it!

Anyways, all that to say... We had some leftover yogurt that neither of us was sure whether or not it was spolied, so my intrepid spouse suggest baking something with it.

And that's what led to the below cake.  Honestly, neither of us were big fans of the cake (probably because it doesn't require butter to make and we are both ardent fans of butter).  Side note - my wife works in the dairy industry!  The cake turned out a bit chewy and sticky and all the chocolate chips ended up on the bottom of the cake.  Sort of a sticky date pudding consistency but with chocolate.

But chocolate is chocolate, so we (I.e. Me) finished almost half the loaf in half-a-day. I mean, what are we going to do? It's CHOCOLATE! With almonds! Oh... And 6 eggs.  Did I mention that we both LOVE eggs.



No comments:

Post a Comment